My first name is Hưng, and my nick name is Peter Hưng.
My education & Career background
I studied high school in Quoc Hoc Hue, specializing in Math. In my 12th grade provincial English competition, I got the 1st prize among non English-major students. And till now, I still feel so excited working on English and languages in general.
BI then went to School of Computing, NUS and graduated in 2009 with a Bachelor degree in Computer Science, specializing in Natural Language Processing, and a minor in Maths.
I then worked for 4 years in startups and a research institute. Most of my work involved natural language processing, varying from sentiment analysis to automatic machine translation.
From mid 2013, I began my exciting journey as an entrepreneur.
I love building things to solve problems, to improve the way things work. Making things better makes me happy. This compulsion to improve things naturally leads me to entrepreneurship, where I can create and build businesses to solve problems for customers.
I’m good at…
The field where I have very deep insights in is foreign language learning. With almost 20 years of learning English and other foreign languages such as French and Chinese and a never-get-bored passion for languages, I’ve spotted many areas that can be improved in this domain.
Besides Education, fields that I love to do business in are: Health & wellness, Personal Development/Coaching and Sports.
I’ve been working on…
- Gia sư TOEIC: my current start up, started in Q4 2015. This is an online service to help students and professionals learn TOEIC as least as effectively as learning in offline language centers, but with 1/10 – 1/5 the cost.
- LeeRit: my first startup with 2 other co-founders, officially started in Q3 2013. This was , and still probably is, the #1 site for learning English vocabulary in Vietnam, with almost 1/2 million registered users.
- Hobby sites: I built a tool to automatically inserting Vietnamese accent marks & a portal to help English-speakers learn Vietnamese.
- Btw, if you love python, how about joining Saigon’s Python Club?
I’m looking for…
- I’m looking for investors, partners, entrepreneurs and anyone interested in Education & Tech for partnership and investment opportunities in my startups.
Get in touch
If we share something in common or if you want to say hi, please drop me an email at peterhung AT giasutoeic dot com.