My first name is Hưng, and my nick name is Peter Hưng.
I believe there are many things that we can do to improve our world. But I’m greatly humbled (and often frustrated) by the enormous gap between what I want to do and what I’ve actually done so far.
What I’ve done
- 2015 -: Started Gia sư TOEIC, a software for learning Toeic online, helping students and working adults learn and prepare for the TOEIC as effectively as learning in offline language centers, but with 1/5 – 1/10 the cost.
It’s arguably the best online program for Vietnamese to prepare for the TOEIC test. Read more about vision of Gia sư TOEIC.
- 2013 -: Started my journey as an edtech entrepreneur with LeeRit, an online English vocabulary learning service for Vietnamese. As of now, LeeRit was still one of the top ranked vocabulary learning software in Vietnam. Read more about LeeRit.
- 2009 – 2013: worked in Singapore.
- Most of my work involved natural language processing, varying from sentiment analysis to automatic machine translation. See my Linkedin page for details.
- During my free time, I wrote a small online portal to help English-speakers learn Vietnamese, an NLP tool to automatically insert Vietnamese accent marks using statistical NLP techniques.
- 2009, graduated from School of Computing, NUS with Bachelor degree in Computer Science, specializing in Natural Language Processing, and a minor in Maths (yes, Math again)
- 2005, graduated from Quoc Hoc Hue (Highschool) as a Math major. Also left with the 1st prize in the provincial English competition among non English-major students.
In addition, I’m also an avid sports player – from table tennis, soccer to martial arts.
Get in touch
I’m keen at exploring partnership, investment, speaking at tech / startups / education events or other opportunities.